Saturday, November 26, 2011

Jo'burg to Livingstone 2nd Dec

Up at sparrow,4am starting to get light,had a lekker shower again,packed my stuff and ready at 4;30am for my 10;40am flight.Had some coffee and MJ and Connie drpped me at the Gautrain and I was on my wayto O.R.Tambo Airport in the cleanest train I have ever been in,it was absolutely spotless!Train pulls right into the airport.The airport is brand new and very impressive with granite floors throughout and hundreds of shops and restaurants.Boarded my SAA flight which was empty and an hour half later touched down in Zambia,flying over Victoria Falls,my window just fogged up ,window behind me was fine ,it was unreal!
Immigration will only give you 30 days which is fine for most people,but not me.So I have to renew it every 30 days!Brad was there to pick me up and then went to fetch Ruth and grabbed some grub at the Hungry Lion!Then Ruth bought me some wine gums to satisfy my alcoholic needs,and then were off on our 7hr drive to camp.After overtaking many lorries with many people in we arrived at the gate of Kafue National Park at dusk.Still had 80km to go, passed through 2 herds of Sable and arrived into camp at 8:30.We then dined on fish and chips washed down with several cold Mosi's,only to be interrupted by an elephant that strolled into camp.
Then I think I was bitten by a Tsete fly,cause I had sleeping sickness and then went to my hut deluxe and retired.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you arrived safely and having a great time. All well at home

    ReplyDelete